Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Consequences

I choke on every breath.
The pain is just too real.
My reality is surreal.

I lie awake in a puddle of sorrow.
No more can I fall asleep,
Or else I will be consumed and hollow.

I see everything around me,
Leaving me always behind.
Cannot run to catch up.

I fall into the abyss,
Silenced by the darkness,
Never am I strong enough.

Every time I think about it,
Every time I look behind me,
Every time I dare to believe,
I am only beaten again.

I swallow every regret;
I stand to defy everything;
I am blind to your hatred;
I rise to escape the evil.

All to just repeat it all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Derek, that's a great poem u make. I feel bad for u that u have to go through a lot of pain & sorrows. I feel ur pain, I've been there. I read through all ur story. That's terrible how ur dad treat u. I can't help but cry. :( We thought Dad's job is suppose to teach u right from wrong, not choke us to death. How do we suppose to learn from that?Smh He suppose to be the role model, always have to show ur kids with love & care so that when they grow up they can learn to love & care for others, not being cruel. I thought we are close, y didn't u tell me? I'm really worry abt u, last time I read I can't even sleep. I hope u are ok. I'll pray for u. Text me when u off work k.

    ReplyDelete